Upgrading Memberships

All membership applications, including applications for upgrades, close on the 15th July 1998 - so if you wish to upgrade from supporting to attending membership you must do so before this date. The procedure is simply that of informing the Convention that you wish to upgrade your membership, and enclosing an amount of money equal to the difference between the current full membership cost and the cost of your supporting membership when you bought it. For example, if you bought a supporting membership in November 1997 at £10 and wished to upgrade in May 1998, the cost would be £30. Membership upgrades will not be available at the Convention itself - if you haven't upgraded by the deadline, we're sorry, but you can't come in.

Special Attending Membership

All special attending members must fulfil the requirements for special attending membership on the first day of the Convention. If you qualified when you applied, but no longer qualify when the first day of the Convention comes around, you will not be permitted entry unless you pay the difference. The Convention will require documentary proof of your status when you register on arrival - a student ID card, unemployment benefit card, pension book or equivalent documents.

Members Under 18

All members who are under 18 years of age on the first day of the Convention must be accompanied by an adult. If not, you'll be refused entry.

Membership Receipts

It's important that we know you've received all of your membership documentation - in particular, you won't be allowed into the Convention without a valid membership receipt. In the initial membership pack, there is a postcard which you can use to let us know that you've received your membership documents safely. Please send these back in as soon as you can - it helps us keep track of any potentially missing documentation.

Selling On Your Membership

If you choose to sell on your membership to someone else, we need to know. We need to know the new member's details and the membership number you're transferring, and we also need the signature of the previous owner of the membership on a piece of paper stating that the transfer of membership is done with their consent. And, of course, you need to pass on your membership receipt to its new owner, because if they don't have it at the Convention, they won't get in.

Previous page

Contents page

Next page

Issues index.

Web pages designed by Derek Moody
May 1998