The L-Space Web : Plays : Short Stories : 2008

March - Adelaide


The Unseen Theatre Company in association with "Insight Presents" is bringing "Pratchett Pieces Two - The Radio Play" to The Adelaide Fringe 2008. Bite-sized Terry Pratchett comedies performed as radio plays with live sound FX. Original short stories written by Terry Pratchett. Adapted for the stage by Pamela Munt, and then for radio by Rod Lewis.

About The Stories

Our heroes tell us that in death, there is honour. We've been promised an afterlife worth fighting for. But when a fictional character meets his maker, can an author live up to the expectations of his medieval creation?

Then meet Cohen the Barbarian, who has spent his life fighting for a better future. But the Trolls under the bridge are overweight businessmen nowadays. The forests are chopped down, and there's no one left to fight. Sometimes you can be too good at your job. But can Cohen make one last stand for truth, justice and the Barbarian way?

The Performers

The Unseen Theatre Company is an award-winning theatre company dedicated to bringing the works of Terry Pratchett to the stage. For the past 7 years they have presented a number of his stories as plays, generating a great cult following in Adelaide.

Insight Presents is a radio theatre troupe set up by local theatre critic and artist Rod Lewis to produce and record radio plays in front of a theatre audience. It produces and performs its plays the old fashioned way by creating sound effects live on stage and using audience participation. In 2007 it was nominated for the Adelaide Critic's Circle Awards in the category of "Innovation".

Performances

When:
March 5th - 8th & 11th - 15th at 5.30pm
Where:
Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas St, Adelaide
Tickets:
  • Adults: $15
  • Concessions, Fringe Benefits & Bank SA: $10
  • Free Ticket Night for holders of Health Care Cards on Tuesday March 11. One night only - book now. (This deal can only be booked at the Bakehouse Theatre)

Bookings:

Fringe Tickets:
Tel: 1300374643 www.adelaidefringe.com.au
Bakehouse Theatre:

[Up]
This section of the L-Space Web is maintained by the L-Space Librarians

The L-Space Web is a creation of The L-Space Librarians
This mirror site is maintained by Colm Buckley